Emily Church – Psychologist
Children, adolescent and young adult clients
Cogmed Working Memory Training – all ages
- BA(Hons) GradDipProfPsych MAPS
- AHPRA Registration No. PSY0001817674
- Medicare Provider No. 4986248T
Emily joined Hurlstone Park Psychology in 2017. She has a breadth of experience working with children and adolescents including the provision of psychoeducational assessments.
Emily graduated from the University of Sydney in 2011 with an honours degree in psychology. She then pursued the 5+1 pathway to general registration through further study at the University of Wollongong. She relocated to Tamworth to complete her sixth-year internship and continued to work there, which involved roles with NSW Health and non-government organisations.
Emily provides comprehensive cognitive and educational assessments using Wechsler Individual achievement test (WIAT-III) and Wechsler Intelligence scale for children (WISC-V) or Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales (SB5). Used along with other measures, this can identify:
- attention and working memory deficits (ADHD)
- learning disorders, such as dyslexia
Emily also provides therapy sessions for child and adolescent clients who may be experiencing emotional and behavioural issues.
Available interventions include:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) for anxiety and depression
- relaxation and mindfulness strategies
- skills training for anger, communication and social skills
- behavioural management strategies for parents.